Fix Windows Boot Problems Manually without much hassles and long wait period
One thing that can bug anyone and cause panic in the heart of the bravest computer user is a boot failure. If there is any boot related problems or boot loader porblems then most of us have no option than to re-install our Windows system. A new Windows OS means, file lose, re-installing drivers and much more. But there are ways, where you can save your OS and your files and user profiles. The way to do it is via EasyBCD and its very easy to perform.
EasyBCD supports all platforms i.e, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows and Linux based OS. Now to begin. First you need to download EasyBCD. Choose the non commercial version, but you do need to register to downlaod EasyBCD. Registration will hardly take 2-4 minutes and then you are ready to download EasyBCD and restore your computer.
There are 3 techniques in ways Windows Bool loader can be fixed:
1.When you have two or verison of Windows installed:
If you have more then two Windows OS installed but you can boot only into one of them and the other has boot problems, then depending on the situation you might want to try this:
- Run EasyBCD and open the ‘Bootloader’ setup window, there you have to select the option ‘Install the “Your OS”(Please select the version of your operating system) Bootloader to the MBR’. Then click ‘Write MBR’. Then reboot your system to check if the problem is fixed.
2.If the Boot loader is very seriously corrupt, and the above process gives an error then,
- For this technique you need to boot into a working copy of Windows, then run EasyBCD.
- In the BCD Backup/Repair page, you have to find and selecy “Reset BCD Configuration’ and then click ‘Perform Action’. This will begin the recovery process and then follow any instructions as it may occur to finish the re-configuration process.
- Please note that at this point all the old entries in the bootloader would have been deleted, so you have to go to the ‘Add New Entry’ page and add relevant operating system before rebooting from the start.
3.If even this fails:
Failing above have a really low possibility. But still, you can Manually Fix Windows Booting Problems , still. We are with you till the end. We will get it fixed.
- For this you have to boot into a working BCD Backup/Repair page, then select ‘Re-create/repair boot files’ and click on ‘Perform Action’.
- EasyBCD will begin the recreation process and re-configures the bootloader if possible.
The last option
Even if this fails, even. Then there is no other option then to use your normal Windows OS disk to repair the bootloader. To this, insert the repair disk into your computer and boot the computer from the disk, to manually repair Windows boot problems.
- After the Windows setup boot, select repair option.
- After that, you will be prompted to select the version of your Windows OS, select it and click “next”.
- This will lead you to the System Recovery Options window, where you can select the Command Prompt to manually fix the error.
- Use the “Bootrec.exe /FixMbr” and “Bootrec.exe /FixBoot” commands to recover MBR and fix the boot errors.
- In case you would like to rebuild the Boot Configuration Data, then you can use “Bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd” command.
Now, take a deep breath and exhale, you just have recovered you Windows OS, and just learned a new trick to help you keep ahead of everyone. If this guide did help you, please press the Facebook Like button and twitter button below.